Meet Luke Frazier, the Immigration Attorney with an Unbelievable Record of Winning Asylum Cases

Because it is generally considered uncouth to brag about oneself, I wanted to take a moment to brag on behalf of one of Jaskot Law’s immigration attorneys, Luke Frazier. Luke is an incredible asylum litigator because he wins an incredible amount of his cases. 

He grew up in southern Maryland, and he graduated from the University of Virginia with a bachelor’s degree in Foreign Affairs and History. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland in 2015. 

Since then, immigration law has been his whole career. After doing an immigration clinic in law school Luke realized how much he enjoyed it and has been practicing immigration law ever since.

“I like the challenge,” Luke explained when asked what drew him to immigration law. Luke also enjoys—and excels at—learning about other countries and country conditions. 

“I’m good at reading and digesting large amounts of material,” Luke added. “I majored in history and foreign affairs in undergrad, so it’s a good use of my skill sets.”

And, of course, each individual client continues to inspire Luke at work. “You know, I’m working for somebody who’s fleeing something horrible from like El Salvador, or Honduras, or Jamaica,” Luke explained. “I can see (my work) making a difference for somebody and I really come to care for these people.”

“I think that’s the main draw, how much I end up caring about each of my clients over the course of my representation.”

Not only does Luke enjoy the work and find personal fulfillment in helping people, but he’s also incredibly successful. Winning asylum cases is not easy in the U.S. According to the TRAC report, the vast majority of immigration judges denied asylum requests in over 70% of all cases. However, it was noted that there were specific geographic locations where the denial rates were even higher, concentrated in certain courthouses across the United States.

In Baltimore, Maryland approximately 62.75% of asylum cases are denied, and some judges granted asylum in fewer than 10% of cases! Despite these odds, Luke won over 90% of his cases in 2022. I can recall one stretch last year when Luke won 13 cases in a row, which is extraordinary.

Luke’s most memorable 2022 asylum case

Luke’s list of achievements is impressive, but one case stands out in his memory. A year ago, he assisted a client from a Latin American town who worked in an administrative capacity in the local police force. Due to staff shortages, his client was thrust into the field where he witnessed the devastating impact of illegal mining on the community.

Illegal mining operations were polluting the water, causing explosions, and terrifying the locals. The people operating these mines took a peaceful, nice village and made it a miserable place to live. Luke’s client sprang into action, and he set the wheels in motion that eventually got the illegal miners deported. 

For a number of years, he was able to keep illegal mining away from his home, but eventually, he became a target and people broke into his house and attempted to murder him. 

“I think this person was a hero, I really do,” Luke said as he remembered this asylum case. “I think it was really amazing how he was able to just keep these forces that were destroying his community at bay for seven years.”

Ultimately, Luke’s client could no longer safely stay in his home, and that’s when Luke stepped in to help him find asylum in the U.S.

Attention to detail and thorough research are the keys to Luke’s success

Luke’s success isn’t down to magic, but rather his meticulous preparation of comprehensive legal briefs for each case. His pretrial work ethic is what sets him apart from his peers, and it’s the key to his outstanding success rate. Luke invests significant time and effort in building the strongest possible foundation for his clients’ cases, and it’s this approach that consistently delivers results.

“I like to dig really deep into the details and the arguments,” Luke explained when asked what makes him a successful immigration lawyer.

When working on a case involving a client seeking asylum, it’s important to thoroughly research the country’s conditions. One of the most important steps in Luke’s preparation for each case is assessing the government’s willingness and ability to protect its citizens. 

“You got to read the country conditions and try to figure out what the country is actually doing for its citizens,” Luke added “You need to get specific, like if your client is female. Okay, so what is this government doing to protect women?”

Luke also stressed that to build a strong case, attention to detail is key, and being several steps ahead of the government lawyer on all issues is essential. For example, lawyers must ensure that the client is well-informed and able to explain any contradictions in their statements. 

“It does kind of feel like you’re building this massively complicated balloon that you’re trying to float over the line and then they’re trying to poke holes at it,” Luke replied when asked about preparing for an asylum case. Despite their best efforts to poke holes in his cases, Luke continued to win.

We are incredibly proud to have Luke as a member of the Jaskot Law team, and I can’t wait to see what kinds of success he finds in 2023!

Luke Frazier and Jaskot.Law can help you win your asylum claim

Luke is just one of the many incredible immigration lawyers that Jaskot Law has on its team. And we do more than just asylum cases, from U visas to T visas and even Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), we offer comprehensive solutions to your immigration needs.  

At our firm, we strive to make the legal process seamless and hassle-free for you. Our cutting-edge technology and innovative techniques ensure that we deliver outstanding results for our clients. We believe in transparency and affordability, which is why we offer flat rates and flexible payment plans. 

So, if you’re facing deportation or need guidance with the immigration process, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our seasoned immigration attorneys have the skills and knowledge to provide you with the best possible outcome.